Kookys & Dreams

Monday, September 17, 2012

Anger Manangement Misdirection

Lately I've been seeing Anger Management classes being popped up as an offer for the masses at discounted rates.


I had brushed off the thought of such classes initially as a gimmick of sorts but when they started appealing much more often in the deals that I have subscribed to, it got me thinking: Are we having much more angry people on the streets in the place where I live now?

I do not doubt for a moment that the environment in which I live in can be highly stressful, very fast paced, and personal survival is key. Such factors may inevitably create resultant effects such as rage and anger from being in the rat race as part of a coping mechanism to survive or be ahead of the race. I have been seeing more cases of road rage, petty disputes in public, frivolous arguments and fights which I conclude are the effects to being in such a hectic society. We had stopped smelling the flowers by the sides because there aren't anymore but foul stenches of bodily fluids from the race that can only be described as vastly repugnant.

Anyhow I am not about to debate the cause and effects from living and facing such ordeals. My curiosity arises from what kind of people would I meet if I should enrol myself in such a class. Rhetorically I am certain the people in the classes have certain issues pertinent to managing their anger no less, but to someone like me who may have something more devious in thoughts, to feel better about myself through others' demise in such a class...is something that brought a sparkle in my grin.

I actually wondered how these people would behave and react in the class, should they not be satisfied with the class teachings, material, seating arrangements, classmates... it would be like having several mini Hulks in class or a WWF Royal Rumble live in front of me! It will all begin with finding out what makes them tick to start a chain reaction. How does anyone think it would a great idea to bring all these angry people in one room to discuss about their issues...

[Facilitator] Peter, let's talk about your problems...

[Peter] What problems?! I don’t have a problem!

[Facilitator] Ok relax Peter...could you tell us why you are here?

[Peter] I didn't want to be here! I was made to come here! Stop focusing on me and move on!

[John] Dude, just let it out and talk about it...

[Peter]Screw you buddy! I'm leaving...

[Facilitator] Peter, please stay, we will not talk about...

[John] Hey I'm trying to help you pal...

[Paul] Oh for God's sake John...

[Peter] I don't need your help, or anybody's else... if you like you can shove your help right up your...

[Facilitator] Ok class! Just take a deep...

[John] Hey you're really pushing it buddy!

[Paul] Give the man a break, I've been there...

[Facilitator]...breath!

[Peter] Oh yeah?! You can push it up yours further in!

[Paul] Woooo!

[Facilitator] Peter!

[John] That’s it pal! I have tolerated this long enough!

[Peter] Yeah? you can shove your tolerance...

[Facilitator] CLASS!!!!

[Mary] Here we go again...

*fist fight ensues... shoving Paul*

[Paul] Hey Asswipes! You're touching me! And I don’t like anyone touching me!

[Facilitator] STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!

*Paul is being shoved from the tussle*

[Mary] Guys c'mon! Cut it out!

[Paul] That's it! I'm really angry now!! ARHRHRHR!! (starts gorilla fist banging on chest)

[Mary] These commotion is making me very angry! Cut it out!

*Facilitator tries to break up fight to no avail while Paul joins in the fight*

*Mary starts shrieking and grabs objects to throw*

No doubt these are shallow thoughts of mine about the people with anger issues but I really do wonder how entertaining it can be...



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home