Kookys & Dreams

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pfizer Lab Rat

I'm subject number 4*. That's the number given to me for being a lab rat for Pfizer Clinical Research here in the Singapore General Hospital. That's right, I'm a lab rat. Experimented on with drugs that aren't released to the public. How do I feel about it? Well aside from getting pricked with thick needles every hour on the clock, having a diet restriction that includes not being able to drink caffeinated beverages, everything else was pretty alright I guess.
I had to stay in their premises for 3 days and 2 nights for the purpose of drawing blood every hour... Ok, maybe not every hour on the clock but it was pretty close to that on the first day at least. The food they served was not too bad, considering it to be from the hospital. To be fair, its kinda like First class standards compared to the other people in the wards, which would certainly be Economy...maybe even Budget. So they had another group for a different study who had food served differently from ours. So I felt kinda privileged that our food seemed to be way better than theirs.
Seriously, i was looking forward to knowing some of the nurses on a social basis. Wassssuuuup.....I'm but a warm-blooded male dude. Well they hadn't much good-looking nurses, most of 'em were..well... out of my reach in terms of age. But what was attractive in most of the younger nurses were their TLC shown to me during my brief period of stay. So i decided that i will have to at least acquire a means of contact from of the nurses so that i may be able to broaden my social network through her.
Well, i did. I managed to secure her MSN address because i thought asking her for her number would be too confrontational and may look bad for her in terms of professionalism. Who am i kidding? We all love a Nurse-Patient relationship especially if the settings in the hospital right? ;P
Still there was this nurse that made my heart beat especially faster than normal whenever she's around. How do i know that? She's taking my BP and the heart rate shows. To cut things short, yall wanna know if i got with her right. Well...no, i didnt. Either i wasn't smooth enough or she just wasn't ready for me. Maybe she's afraid of commiting into a relationship like this - plays out all her wildest fantasies. Or so i would like to think. But i'm still reaching out...and seriously, would just like to get to know her better as a friend of course.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home