Kookys & Dreams

Monday, December 05, 2005

Moreton Island Adventure

Had a great time at Moreton Island just over the weekend. A 2 day/1 night stay outdoor adventure. We stayed in tents they were already pitched, and to add comfort, they actually provide a mattress with bed sheet, a pillow with case, and a sleeping bag just in case. How cool is that? I had thought it was a real boot camp style kinda adventure but this tour sure made it as comfortable as possible without sacrificing the outdoorsy feel.
Although everything else was fine, the weather wasn’t as kind. It was unbearably hot in the day, and it rained unpredictably, spoiling the day…and night. Still I find it too hot to sleep in the tents coz it was just too warm for me. Then there was this whole brood of mosquitoes that kept making my sleep miserable. Although I’ve been to worse places and worse situations, its funny why I find this miserable. I’m thinking it’s because I haven’t got my army fatigues (which gives me power…psychologically). Anyhow, how other fellas tents were far worst after the night which rained cats and frogs – theirs were flooded! I just wonder how they slept through it, coz I didn’t.
Met some really nice people there, one of which was the guide named Bruce aka Sharky. I realized later on that he was in fact a Kiwi (or a New Zealander) and for most part of his time as a guide on Moreton, many believed he was a true Aussie, what with his accent and antics. He told me one of his dreams was to swim in the Indian Ocean. No reason why, just had to.
There were other activities like sand tobaganing and snorkeling which I had the chance to experience on Moreton. Overall it was a great trip which I recommend to anyone looking for an adventure. Currently they offer the best deals ($49AUD 2 days / 1 night stay, meals inclusive) which last this week. Check out Blue Planet Tours!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home